– including you and I – and because of this everything find its identity in relationship to Him. You, like me, are created in the image and the likeness of the living God!
– it is His concern and influence which keeps the Universe in its constant balance – and which keeps the earth capable of supplying the needs of humanity. He is the one who provides real individual security for us.
– as Creator he is responsible for all that is, but more than that He wants us to know Him as a Father because He is not a distant and abstract God who leaves the universe spinning its merry way, rather He is the creator of relationships and longs for us to know the joy of knowing Him as well as we know anyone.
– contrary to popular myth it is very possible to see and know the character of God. He sent His Son, Jesus, who is His exact likeness, to be God on earth. The Bible is God’s word – His revelation of Himself to us.
– in a time when morality seems to be up for grabs, our God says ‘there is real right and wrong’, and one day everybody – whether the vilest villain or the sweetest old lady – is going to have to account for the right and wrong choices they have made in life. This gives hope to those who feel on the wrong end of injustice, but also a warning to those of us who feel we can get away with anything.
– you see the amazing message of Christianity is that God will judge every person, and that every single one of us will be found guilty of doing what is wrong (I know it and I’m sure you do), but God has already taken our punishment on Himself in the person of Jesus, and He has raised Jesus to life after He died on the cross. The God of the Bible guarantees us eternal life and forgiveness for everything we’ve ever done wrong – if we put our trust in Him.